The Belmont Library History
A library has been a part of the Belmont community since the town was first settled in 1861.
Through out the years, the Belmont library has moved from school to school, from private home to private home and from public building to public building.
Belmont’s first public school house was located at corner of Old County Road and O’neil.
Belmont’s second public school house was built at corner of Old County Road and O’neil (same location).
The third public school house was built at corner of Waltermire and Sixth.
1936 to 1941
Victoria Rousell was the Custodian of the Fourth Belmont Library.
1941 to 1948
The Fifth Belmont Library was located in Victoria Rousell’s home in her Living and Dining Room, at 1160 Sixth Ave.
1948 to 1955
The Sixth Library was located in Belmont City hall – Corner of Sixth and Broadway.
1955 to 2005
The Seventh Library was located at 1110 Alameda de las Pulgas (current location).
Many thanks to the Belmont Historical Society for the photographs.